Article from The New Republic online

Ronald Kephart rkephart at unf.edu
Wed Feb 23 20:02:43 UTC 2005

At 2:44 PM -0500 2/23/05, Harold F. Schiffman wrote:
>Anyone want to write a response to Mr. Easterbrook?

I just have a couple one-liners, which I am giving away, in response to:

"Languages are barriers to trust and understanding."

Did anyone ever tell the Protestants and Catholics in Northern
Ireland about this?

And:

>"If Hawaiian speakers start to demand special privileges and
>exemptions, only ill can come of that."

After all, we did steal their islands from them fair and square; what
could they possibly have to complain about?

Ron