The magic of ignorance - English a false prophet (Correction)

Saran saran at pkrisc.cc.ukm.my
Wed Jan 12 16:19:42 UTC 2005

Exactly!  This is an issue that is being discussed in Malaysia - the
reinstitution of English as medium of instruction for science and
technology is criticised as widening the gap between the urban and rural
peoples.  But will the rural folk accept the use of Malay as medium of
instruction when the rest of the country goes ahead with English?  This is
a dilemma but the phrase "Do you think it is possible to convince people of
this "erroneous premise"" sums it up well.

Saran