New York: Proficiency in English Decreases Over a Decade

R. A. Stegemann moogoonghwa at mac.com
Thu Jan 20 00:19:29 UTC 2005

Dear fellow contributors,

After reading this article one can now better understand why the New
York Times editorial staff is pushing the English language globally;
not only do they want to make it easier for their reporters to go
through life without ever having to learn the languages and cultures of
those about whom they report, but they also want other governments to
provide their citizens with English language training so that when they
arrive as new immigrants in New York the municipal government will not
have to do it.

Hamo

R. A. Stegemann
EARTH's Manager and HKLNA-Project Director
EARTH - East Asian Research and Translation in Hong Kong
http://homepage.mac.com/moogoonghwa/earth/
Tel/Fax: 852 2630 0349