First bilingual state school in England approved

Joe Lo Bianco j.lobianco at unimelb.edu.au
Tue Jul 5 06:54:41 UTC 2005

All that is true, but I wonder about the veracity of the claim, I realise
that "England" is not "Britain" but it is worth nevertheless pointing out
that there are quite a few bilingual programs in Britain, indeed in those
languages mentioned by Anthea, and I am sure that I visited a Spanish
bilingual immersion section of a London school in 1990.....joe

Professor Joseph Lo Bianco
Language Literacy and Arts Education
The University of Melbourne
3010 VIC AUSTRALIA