UNESCO - Register of Good Practices in Language Preservation: Call for Submissions (fwd)

Harold F. Schiffman haroldfs at ccat.sas.upenn.edu
Fri Jul 8 13:02:30 UTC 2005

Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

I would like to bring to your attention a Call for Submissions to
a new database project launched by UNESCO's Endangered Languages
Programme: the 'Register of Good Practices in Language Preservation.' The
purpose of this Register is to collect experience reports concerning any
kind of language preservation efforts, from speaker communities,
governmental and non-governmental organisations, related experts, etc. Our
goal is to provide a free online practice-based source of information as
an aid and encouragement for future language preservation projects. To
this end, we would like to ask you to kindly consider submitting any
language-related projects your center may be (or have been) involved in to
the Register. Furthermore, could you please disseminate the attached Call
for Submissions as widely as possible, using your relevant E mailing lists
or any listservs that you may have access to, in order to reach any other
persons and organizations who may be interested in contributing to the
Register?  If possible, maybe you could also set up a link from your web
page to our Register homepage:
www.unesco.org/culture/endangeredlanguages/goodpractices . Please reply to
the above address (ling.diversity at unesco.org) in case of any further
questions. Thank you very much in advance, and with best regards,

Barbara Soukup
(UNESCO Endangered Languages Programme)

 <<Call for Submissions.doc>>

Endangered Languages Programme