inquiry about Fishman

Anonby stan-sandy_anonby at sil.org
Mon Jun 13 13:43:48 UTC 2005

I said that I based my 1997 MA thesis on his 1991 book "Reversing Language
Shift". I followed the suggestions in his book in an effort to revive the
Kwak'wala language. It is called "Reversing Language Shift: Can Kwak'wala be
Revived?"
I also read the 2001 book he edited "Reversing Language Shift Revisited".

Fishman has been kind enough to respond to my numerous emails over the
years, and has been very influential in shaping the way I think.

Mazal Tov Yeshua!

Stan Anonby