Language Policy books for review

Tariq Rahman drt_rahman at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 6 06:21:33 UTC 2005

Dear Kendall King,
Thank you for the invitation. I request one of the following titles in the order of preference:
David Crystal, 2004. The Language Revolution
 Tsunodo, Tasaku .2005. Language endangerment and Language revitalization
If both are already booked plese let me know and I will go through the remaining titles to see if I can review another one.
My address is as follows:
Dr Tariq Rahman
National Institute of Pakistan Studies
Quaid-i-Azam University
Islamabad
Pakistan
Thanks a lot.
Yours sincerely,
Tariq Rahman

Kendall King <akk25 at georgetown.edu> wrote:
Dear colleagues,

Below please find a list of books recently received by  _Language Policy_.  I invite you to look over the list and respond to me (akk25 at georgetown.edu) if you and/or any of your colleagues or students might be interested in reviewing any of these titles.

Reviews are generally 1,000 words in length and due three months after the book has been received by the reviewer. Editorial guidelines and more details about the journal are available at http://www.kluweronline.com/issn/1568-4555/current. (Please include your preferred postal mailing address in your response.)

I would be grateful if you could forward this list to any interested and qualified students or colleagues.

With thanks and best wishes,
Kendall King, Review Editor, Language Policy

LP Book List Fall 2005

FOR REVIEW:

Freeland, Jane & Patrick, Donna (Eds) (2004). Language rights and language survival.
            London: St. Jerome Publishing.

Langer, Nils & Davies, Winifred V. (Eds) (2005). Linguistic purism in the Germanic         languages. Berlin: Walter de Gruyter.

Giolla Chriost, Diarmait Mac (2005). The Irish language in Ireland: From Goidel to          globalisation. London: Routledge.

Crystal, David (2004). The language revolution. London: Polity Press Ltd.

Ferrero, Carmen & Lasso-Von Lang, Nilsa (Eds) (2005). Variedades linguisticas y             lenguas en contacto en el mundo de habla hispana. Bloomington, IN:          Authorhouse.

Batibo, Herman M. (2005). Language decline and death in Africa: Causes,             Consequences and challenges. Clevedon: Multilingual Matters Ltd.

Tsunoda, Tasaku (2005). Language endangerment and language revitalization. Berlin: Mouton de Gruyter.

Garcia, Eugene E. (2005). Teaching and learning in two languages: Bilingualism and  schooling in the United States. New York: Teachers College Press.

Baker, Colin & Hornberger, Nancy H. (Eds) (2005). Words and worlds: World languages review. Clevedon: Multilingual Matters Ltd.

Anderman, Gunilla & Rogers, Margaret (Eds) (2005). In and out of English: For better, for worse? Clevedon: Multilingual Matters.

Wiley, Terrance G. (2005). Literacy and Language Diversity in the United States.   McHenry, IL: Delta Systems Co., Inc.

Adamson, H.D. (2005). Language Minority Students in American Schools. Mahwah, NJ:   Lawrence Erlbaum Associates.

Kendall King, Ph.D.
http://www.georgetown.edu/faculty/akk25/
Please visit our GURT 2006 website:
http://www.georgetown.edu/events/gurt/2006/