President appreciates role of bilinguism in Kazakhstan

Harold F. Schiffman haroldfs at ccat.sas.upenn.edu
Wed Nov 23 14:37:01 UTC 2005

>>From Gazeta.kz

22.11.2005   President appreciates role of bilinguism in Kazakhstan

 Kazakhstan today

"The balanced language policy is the basis of our unity and progress," -
Nursultan Nazarbayev, president of Kazakhstan, has said today, November
22, opening the eleventh session of the Peoples Assembly of Kazakhstan,
KZ-today correspondent reports. "During the period that has passed the
role of Kazakh language as a foundation on which the building of our
statehood is being constructed has been recognised," - the president has
said. "We will continue the policy of Russian language as an important
condition for our integration into the global world and as a language of
interethnic communications between the peoples living in our country," -
N. Nazarbayev has observed.

http://eng.gazeta.kz/art.asp?aid=67747