And it came 2 pass

Harold F. Schiffman haroldfs at ccat.sas.upenn.edu
Fri Oct 7 18:38:12 UTC 2005

>>From the NYTimes, 2005/10/07

World Briefings,

AUSTRALIA

AND IT CAME 2 PASS

The Bible Society in Australia, a religious charity, has translated the
entire text of the Bible into the abbreviated language of cellphone text
messages and is offering free software along with a search engine so
people can download the verses and send them on.
(www.biblesociety.com.au) The society used the Contemporary English
Version, changing only spelling. Some examples: "In da bginnin God cre8d
da heaven & da earth" (Genesis, 1:1); "God luvd da ppl of dis wrld so much
dat he gave his only son" (John 3:16); and "U, Lord, r my shepherd. I will
neva be in need." (the 23rd Psalm) "The old days when the Bible was only
available within a somber black cover with a cross on it are long gone,"
said Michael Chant, a society spokesman. Sending the entire Bible by text
message would take more than 30,000 dispatches, he said. (AP)

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/10/07/international/07briefs.html?pagewanted=all