Proposed charter schools include all-boys Latin prep

Kephart, Ronald rkephart at unf.edu
Thu Oct 20 19:28:59 UTC 2005

At 4:03 PM -0400 10/20/05, Christina Paulston wrote:

>How about a word for Greek?  I think I have had more joy of my high
>school Greek than my Latin .
>And like it or not, the US can use some elitism in academic
>achievement.  Christina

Greek's fine, although I'd opt for Aymara myself. Imagine an Aymara
charter school (not my original idea, but a good one!).

As for the elitism, I don't know. I don't care much for honors
programs, "gifted" programs, and the like. I feel like everyone
should be treated as gifted. I think it's my Appalachian background
that sort of makes me recoil at the idea (we hill folk don't cotton
much to elites).

Ron