English official language of PA?

David Johnson davidcasselsjohnson at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 26 21:28:27 UTC 2005

The PA legislature is considering making English the official language of
the
commonwealth of Pennsylvania (house bill 2089). The bill has recently
been "tabled" but will presumably come up again. You can find the bill at
http://www.legis.state.pa.us/WU01/LI/BI/ALL/2005/0/HB2089.HTM

or read it at

http://www2.legis.state.pa.us/WU01/LI/BI/BT/2005/0/HB2089P2879.pdf

Regan Cooper, the Executive Director of Pennsylvania Immigration and
Citizenship Coalition Advocating for Immigrants, Migrants and Refugees,
notes
that "this is not over, the bill has just been tabled for now.  We need to
keep finding more organizations and individuals who can call, write, fax and
visit these legislators to make sure we continue to block this legislation.
Please share the information with your contacts."

David

--
David Cassels Johnson
PhD Candidate, Educational Linguistics