Derivation of "Wales"

Christina Paulston paulston+ at pitt.edu
Tue Sep 27 16:54:33 UTC 2005

Here is my mea culpa.  Terry Kaufman agrees with the OED so then it
must be correct.:

Christina,

There is no possible relation between the words  "Wales" and "Galicia"
(which in Latin was Gallaecia).

Terry

leaving not even wriggle room.  Now, of course, I wonder where I first
read that piece of erroneous information.  Sorry, Ron, Christina