Eurolang weekly newsletter

Harold F. Schiffman haroldfs at ccat.sas.upenn.edu
Fri Apr 21 15:37:41 UTC 2006

from http://www.eurolang.net

Catalonia – Cymru connection : campaign for new rights based Welsh
language act

{http://www.eurolang.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2597&Itemid=1&lang=en}
'We must learn the language lessons of Catalonia' say NGO Cymdeithas yr
Iaith as the campaign heats up for a new Welsh language act.

Tuva throatsinger at Sámi Grand Prix
{http://www.eurolang.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2596&Itemid=1&lang=en}

Siberian rockstar Albert Kuvezin from Tuva impressed a large Sámi
audience when he opened the annual Sámi Grand Prix with a traditional
throatsong last weekend.

Catalans in European Parliament: "Europe our hope, our horizon"

{http://www.eurolang.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2593&Itemid=1&lang=en}
Bernat Joan MEP (ERC, EFA) launched an exhibition about the Catalan
language in all of the Catalan speaking territories in the European
Parliament (EP) on Wednesday.

 Hungarian-speakers in Romania seek help of other European national
minorities over autonomy
{http://www.eurolang.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2592&Itemid=1&lang=en}

The struggle for autonomy by ethnic Hungarians in Romania has
intensified.

New action plan for the promotion of the Basque language in France
{http://www.eurolang.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2590&Itemid=1&lang=en}

The Public Office of the Basque Language and the Basque Autonomous
Community Government launched an ‘ambitious’ linguistic agreement last
week.

Spanish Supreme Court decision recognises unity of the Catalan
language
{http://www.eurolang.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2589&Itemid=1&lang=en}

A Spanish Supreme Court ruling recognises the unity of the Catalan
language and states that this is an established judicial decision.

Andorra set to act to promote Catalan
{http://www.eurolang.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2595&Itemid=1&lang=en}

Galician language rights watchdog launched
{http://www.eurolang.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2594&Itemid=1&lang=en}

Please do not hesitate to contact us for further information. We thank
you for your interest in Eurolang.
 N'hésitez pas à nous contacter pour d'autres informations. Eurolang,
l'agence de presse pour des langues minorisées et régionales vous
remercie pour votre intérêt.

Dr Davyth A. Hicks
Editor-in-Chief
EUROLANG NEWS