Army Discharges Arabic-Speaking Soldier

Harold Schiffman haroldfs at gmail.com
Tue Aug 8 12:19:14 UTC 2006

As "moderator" of this listserv, I should say that the articles I forward
are those that I find mentioning language and/or policy, and that some of
them are in fact objectionable to me.  (These are mostly in the area of the
attacks on illegal immigrants, the "need" for officialization of English,
the "refusal" of immigrants to learn English, etc. etc.)

I send some of these along because it seems to me that people on this list
need to know what's being said in sources they might not usually read.  Part
of the point of sending any or all is to stimulate discussion; so if people
would like to discuss what's wrong with the reportage, this is what is
supposed to happen.

So I welcome contrary opinions, and/or more accurate information.

H. Schiffman
List Owner