Language and Politics in Pakistan

Tariq Rahman drt_rahman at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 22 10:36:31 UTC 2006

Dear Colleagues,
  My book of the above title is being reprinted for the fifth time by Oxford University Press, Karachi, Pakistan (ameena.saiyid at oup.com). The book has chapters on the ethnic politics of Pakistan with reference to language movements. It also has chapters on language and education debates in South Asia. Its contnts are available on my web page (www.tariqrahman.com).
  If you like you can order it directly from Karachi. I especially appeal to colleagues from India to request the Delhi office of OUP to consider reprinting it to facilitate the availability of books of   Indian scholars in Pakistan and Pakistanis  in India.
  Yours sincerely,
  Tariq Rahman
  Quaid-i-Azam University
  Islamabad