National Security Language Initiative

Harold F. Schiffman haroldfs at ccat.sas.upenn.edu
Tue Jan 10 17:14:31 UTC 2006

Forwarded From: jpetrovi at bamaed.ua.edu

Although it may be difficult or impossible to establish empirically
(especially given the abusively secretive nature of the current
administration), this is a claim that I make in the most recent issue of
Language Policy (4, 4), "The conservative restoration and neoliberal
defenses of bilingual education."

It is available [to subscribers (hs)] on line at
http://www.springer.com/sgw/cda/frontpage/0,11855,4-40369-70-35756061-0,00.html

I think the name "National Security Language Initiative," gives it away.
Notice that it is not called the Learning Languages for Peace and Harmony
Institute.

(John Petrovic)