Uriel Weinreich

Harold F. Schiffman haroldfs at ccat.sas.upenn.edu
Fri Jan 27 14:38:01 UTC 2006

Dear Joshua,

I'm sorry this error got through; I usually forward messages like these
"as is" without editorializing since I've been criticized for doing so. I
should have appended an editorial comment.  Thanks for your correction on
this.  I never had the opportunity to meet Uriel Weinreich, but we are all
indebted to him for his pioneering work in bilingualism and
sociolinguistics.

Hal

Harold F. Schiffman