A Lexical Database for French: Lexique 3

Harold F. Schiffman haroldfs at ccat.sas.upenn.edu
Tue Jun 20 20:33:28 UTC 2006

Forwarded from Linguist-List,

A Lexical Database for French: Lexique 3
Date: 17-Jun-2006
From: Boris New <new.boris at univ-paris5.fr>

Lexique 3 available at www.lexique.org is an open-source database for
French. Including Lexique 2 and 3, it describes 55 000 lexical roots, and
more than 135 000 lexical entries.

For each form, it gives its:
- Pronunciation (with syllable informations)
- Part Of Speech
- Gender, number
- Written frequency, estimates of spoken frequency
- Lemma frequency
- Identification point
- Number of neighbors
- Letters, bigrams, trigrams, and phonemes frequencies are also available.
- etc.

Furthermore, we have developped an online tool with which you can
interrogate simultaneously several databases concerning French (Lexique,
Manulex (children frequencies), Brulex, subjective AoA, subjective
frequencies, etc.)

We also developped other resources such as:
-a French corpus of 37 million words
-a database concerning first names
-a database concerning neighbors
-we make available the spoken frequencies from Gougenheim
-gnu tools distribution for windows users
-etc.

Lexique 3 is an open-source project. Feel free to participate!!

http://linguistlist.org/issues/17/17-1830.html