Nordic Language Policy

Harold F. Schiffman haroldfs at ccat.sas.upenn.edu
Fri Mar 10 13:01:25 UTC 2006

Language policy

Many languages are spoken in the Nordic countries. We do our best to have
as much as possible of the information on www.norden.org available in the
five major languages spoken in the Nordic countries, and in English. On
our website www.norden.org there are menus in Norwegian, Danish, Finnish,
Swedish, Icelandic and English. The menus list various headings which
indicate what information you can find there by clicking on them. The
freedom to choose your own language makes it easier for you to navigate
the website and easier to find what you are looking for. Not all texts on
the website are available in all languages. Danish, Norwegian and Swedish
are on an equal footing and are used alternately, as is the practice in
the official Nordic co-operation. This means that although you have chosen
Swedish you may find that some pages appear in Danish or Norwegian.

You can always choose to read a text in another language, provided it has
been translated, by clicking on the select language button at the top of
each page.

http://www.norden.org/OmWebbplatsen/uk/Sprakpolicy.asp?lang=6