French minister praises Quebec's defence of language

Francis M. Hult fmhult at dolphin.upenn.edu
Sun Mar 19 02:46:59 UTC 2006

Unison.ie

10:22 Saturday March 18th 2006

French minister praises Quebec's defence of language

French Foreign Minister Philippe Douste-Blazy ended a two-day visit to Canada
yesterday by praising Quebec's determination to defend the French language in
North America.
He said French-speaking Canadians were more insistent on using French words
for technical terms that are typically spoken in English in France.

``You are teaching us how to fight for our language and we thank you; we
should imitate you,'' Douste-Blazy told a news conference at the home of the
French consul-general in Montreal.

View the full article:

http://www.unison.ie/breakingnews/index.php3?ca=30&si=88743&breakingnews=1