Sociolinguistics archive

Harold F. Schiffman haroldfs at ccat.sas.upenn.edu
Mon Sep 11 17:05:11 UTC 2006

The following message is forwarded from Bill Haddican:

A group of us here at York have recently finished putting together
an online archive for work in Sociolinguistics, Language Variation
and Change and Linguistic Anthropology called Sociolinguistic
Archive.

Here's the URL:

www.york.ac.uk/sociolinguistics-archive/

Sociolinguistics Archive is an online searchable archive.  Like
other online archives in linguistics such as LingBuzz, Semantics
Archive and Rutgers Optimality Archive, Sociolinguistics Archive is
intended as a way to circulate papers in a given subdiscipline, in
this case Sociolinguistics.

Copyright of material uploaded to Sociolinguistics Archive is
retained by the existing owner, so uploaded papers may later be
submitted to Journals and other publishers. For copyright reasons,
the version of a paper uploaded to Sociolinguistics Archive should
not be identical to a published version, however pre-publication
drafts are fine.  It is the responsibility of users uploading papers
to ensure that doing so does not infringe on any copyrights.

Contributors may have their paper removed from the archive at any
time by e-mailing me at wh506 at york dot ac.uk.

Soon we'll announce this on Linguist list.  Before doing so,
however, we'd like to ask you to help us get the ball rolling by
contributing a paper, if you have one available.

Thanks!
Bill