Update of "Linguistically Homogeneous vs Heterogenous Polities"?

Christina Paulston paulston+ at pitt.edu
Sun Apr 22 21:14:46 UTC 2007

You might look at Fishman's "Empirical Explorations of two Popular
Assumptions: Inter-Polity Perspective on the Relationship between
Linguistic Heterogeneity, Civil Strife, and Per Capita Gross National
Product" in Paulston and Tucker, eds. in Sociolinguistics:The Essential
Readings, Blackwells, 2003.  I find it a really empirically elegant
article. Christina Paulston