Malaysia: Teaching of Mathematics and Science: No change in use of English

Harold Schiffman hfsclpp at gmail.com
Fri Dec 28 20:47:35 UTC 2007

Forwarded From edling at lists.sis.utsa.edu

NST Online

Teaching of Mathematics and Science: No change in use of English

PUTRAJAYA: The teaching of Mathematics and Science in English will
continue until a review is held before the end of next year. The
review will determine whether the move has suceeded in improving the
students' proficiency in the English language. Education
director-general Datuk Alimuddin Mohd Dom said yesterday that
Education Minister Datuk Seri Hishammuddin Hussein had indicated that
a review would be carried out before any decision was made. "The
review cannot be carried out now because it has not reached a full
circle yet. By the end of next year, we should know whether we will
continue with it or not," he said when announcing the Penilaian
Menengah Rendah results at his office.

Full story:

http://www.nst.com.my/Current_News/NST/Friday/National/2119028/Article/index_html