U.N. proclaims 2008 the International Year of Languages

Gordon Bronitsky g.bronitsky at att.net
Mon Dec 31 18:50:10 UTC 2007

How about a Native language writers festival--annual or biennial--that
would
1.  show Native language speakers that their language has something to
say to the world
2.  show the rest of us the power of writing in Native languages (OK,
admittedly in translation but if that's not a problem for French
language writers why should it be a problem for Native language writers)
3.  create an annual market/showcase for Native language writers.

Gordon Bronitsky