Call for Papers: US Education Policy and Native American Education

Teresa McCarty Teresa.McCarty at asu.edu
Sat Feb 17 12:54:01 UTC 2007

Colleagues,

Attached is a Call for Papers for a theme issue of the Journal of American
Indian Education that will critically address the standards movement -- in
particular, the No Child Left Behind (NCLB) Act of 2001 -- as these policies
impact American Indian, Alaska Native, and Native Hawaiian education. The
issue will be co-edited by David Beaulieu and me, and will coincide with
congressional deliberations on the reauthorization of NCLB this fall.  We
view this as an opportunity to provide situated, "scientifically based"
evidence on these policies, and to advance a new discourse regarding federal
education policy for the 21st century.

The deadline for submission is May 1, 2007.

We hope you will consider submitting a paper on this important topic, and/or
that you will forward this to others who might be interested.  If you have
any questions, contact information is on the attached and below.

Best regards,

Teresa L. McCarty, Ph.D.
Alice Wiley Snell Professor of Education Policy Studies
Arizona State University
Mary Lou Fulton College of Education
Division of Educational Leadership and Policy Studies
Farmer Building 120 - PO Box 872411
Tempe, AZ 85287-2411
PH: 480.965.6357  FAX: 480.965-1880
Teresa.McCarty at asu.edu