Special issue of TESOL Quarterly on lg policies and their enactments

Vaidehi Ramanathan vramanathan at ucdavis.edu
Fri Oct 5 19:13:15 UTC 2007

Greetings all...

At the risk of seeming self-promotional, I thought I'd let you all know
that the most recent issue of TESOL Quarterly is a special issue on
language policies and their enactments (situated perspectives) in
different parts of the world, including India, Johannesburg, Canada,
Sub-Saharan Africa, the U.S.,  Bolivia, Cuba, Japan, Djibouti, Florida,
France, London, United Arab Emirates, and Argentina. Co-edited by myself
and Brian Morgan, the issue offers a range of  very local perspectives
on policies around English and other languages, a realm that TESOL, as a
discipline has tended to relegate to the margins. Along with 4
full-length papers and 10 brief reports, the issue also offers a Forum
section where practioners--principals, administrators and
researchers--write in the first person about their engagements with
policies in institutions, programs and research domains. Running thickly
through all the pieces are also strains around globalization.
Attached is a pdf file of our introduction to the volume which
synthesizes the various view points in the issue. Both Brian and I would
welcome feedback.

Thanks!

Vaidehi Ramanathan, Professor
http://linguistics.ucdavis.edu/People/vramanat