Fwd: Google Alert - language policy

Harold Schiffman hfsclpp at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 21:09:34 UTC 2007

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Google Alerts <googlealerts-noreply at google.com>
Date: Oct 14, 2007 11:33 PM
Subject: Google Alert - language policy
To: hfsclpp at gmail.com

 Google News Alert for: *language policy*

Migrant rights in UK criticised<http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/7043911.stm>
BBC News - UK
But they added that once that wait was over, migrants did not face *language
* tests or integration courses. People seeking to take the final step and
become a *...*
See all stories on this
topic<http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&ncl=http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/7043911.stm>

Tough new tests for Oxbridge
entrants<http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2007/10/15/nexams115.xml>
Telegraph.co.uk <http://telegraph.co.uk/> - United Kingdom
It comes as the Institute for Public *Policy* Research today launches a
renewed attack on the institutions, saying admissions *policies* favour
pupils from *...*
See all stories on this
topic<http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&ncl=http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml%3Fxml%3D/news/2007/10/15/nexams115.xml>

New website promotes importance of Gaelic
*language*<http://www.trurodaily.com/index.cfm?sid=71161&sc=68>
Truro Daily News - Truro,Nova Scotia,Canada
*...* Gaelic *language* and culture, consult with communities on ongoing
community-based Gaelic-*language* programs and develop a
Gaelic-*language*plan and
*policy*. *...*
See all stories on this
topic<http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&ncl=http://www.trurodaily.com/index.cfm%3Fsid%3D71161%26sc%3D68>

By Lin Kuo-ming
林國明<http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/editorials/archives/2007/10/15/2003383262>
Taipei Times - Taiwan
As argued in the Chinese-*language* China Times article "Politics abandoned"
recently, "only the development of civil society can stop the vicious
political *...*
See all stories on this
topic<http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&ncl=http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/editorials/archives/2007/10/15/2003383262>

Beazley snr, a politician of extraordinary
principle<http://www.theage.com.au/news/national/beazley-snr-a-politician-of-extraordinary-principle/2007/10/14/1192300601274.html>
The Age - Melbourne,Victoria,Australia
Until then, teachers in some states could be penalised under the law for
teaching in an Aboriginal *language*, or any *language* other than English.
*...*
See all stories on this
topic<http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&ncl=http://www.theage.com.au/news/national/beazley-snr-a-politician-of-extraordinary-principle/2007/10/14/1192300601274.html>

Google Blogs Alert for: *language policy*

The New Religion: Giving up Email on
Friday<http://deb-tech.spaces.live.com/Blog/cns!49551AC4A11853DE!673.entry>
I keep reading about this "no email Friday" *policy* that's being enacted by
many companies. Even the Wall Street Journal had a big story about it last
Thursday (http://online.wsj.com/article/SB119205641656255234.html). *...*
Deb-Tech - http://deb-tech.spaces.live.com/
<http://deb-tech.spaces.live.com/>

Arundhati Roy's speech at
Ferrara<http://www.kalpana.it/eng/blog/2007/10/arundhati-roys-speech-at-ferrara.html>
By Sunil Deepak(Sunil Deepak)
I am not so sure about the space between fiction and the other kind of my
writing, but none of my writing fiction or non fiction is something that
comes out as a *policy* decision. When I had written God of the Small Things
it was in 1997 *...*
Arre Kya Baat Hai! - http://www.kalpana.it/eng/blog/
<http://www.kalpana.it/eng/blog/>

Mutual building societies: part of a rational housing
*policy*<http://www.davidosler.com/2007/10/mutual_building_societies_part.html>
Time was when building societies gave the English *language* the expression
'safe as houses'. It was only during the Thatcher period, when the conscious
decision was taken that most people were going to become homeowners whether
they *...*
Dave's Part - http://www.davidosler.com/ <http://www.davidosler.com/>

The roots of cynicism<http://www.epluribusonline.com/2007/10/roots-of-cynicism.html>
By Jeremy Dowell(Jeremy Dowell)
When politicians parse the *language* of ethics guidelines to make it
possible to bend the rules wherever convenient, it is little wonder that the
general public feels like most laws are hashed out in smoke filled rooms. *
...*
epluribusonline.com - http://www.epluribusonline.com/
<http://www.epluribusonline.com/>

Are Americans Being "Good Germans" As Anti-Torture And Other
*...*<http://themoderatevoice.com/society/law-legal-matters/15588/are-americans-being-good-germans-as-anti-torture-and-other-values-fade/>
By Joe Gandelman
It's up to us to wake up our somnambulant Congress to challenge
administration *policy* every day. Let the war's last supporters filibuster
all night if they want to. There is nothing left to lose except whatever
remains of our country's *...*
The Moderate Voice - http://themoderatevoice.com
<http://themoderatevoice.com/>

 This once a day Google Alert is brought to you by Google.

Remove<http://www.google.com/alerts/remove?s=EAAAAEnTqT2D2-pT3CNO6MH3-vU&hl=en>this
alert.
Create <http://www.google.com/alerts?hl=en> another alert.
Manage <http://www.google.com/alerts/manage?hl=en> your alerts.

sponsor of
the list as to the veracity of a message's contents. Members who disagree
with a