Fwd: Google Alert - language policy

Harold Schiffman hfsclpp at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 21:10:41 UTC 2007

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Google Alerts <googlealerts-noreply at google.com>
Date: Oct 13, 2007 1:39 AM
Subject: Google Alert - language policy
To: haroldfs at ccat.sas.upenn.edu

 Google News Alert for: *language policy*

Analysis of Governor Schwarzenegger's Legislative *Language* on
*...*<http://www.californiaprogressreport.com/2007/10/analysis_of_gov.html>
California Progress Report - Oakland,CA,USA
"Minimum credible coverage" was previously defined as a *policy* with a
$5000 deductible, and $10000 out-of-pocket cost maximum. *...*
See all stories on this
topic<http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&ncl=http://www.californiaprogressreport.com/2007/10/analysis_of_gov.html>

The challenge of modern foreign
languages<http://www.teachingexpertise.com/articles/the-challenge-of-modern-foreign-languages-2078>
Teaching Expertise - London,UK
The decision was announced by the government in March 2007 following a
review of *language policy* carried out by Lord Dearing and the DfES
national director *...*
See all stories on this
topic<http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&ncl=http://www.teachingexpertise.com/articles/the-challenge-of-modern-foreign-languages-2078>

Changes in University non-discrimination *policy* could spark
*...*<http://www.thenews.org/news/2007/10/12/Opinion/Changes.In.University.NonDiscrimination.Policy.Could.Spark.Ambiguity.In.Future.I-3028115.shtml>
Murray State News - Murray,KY,USA
Let's remember that "sexual orientation," the desired *language* for
inclusion in the *policy*, is a very vague stroke. There is no strict legal
definition of *...*
See all stories on this
topic<http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&ncl=http://www.thenews.org/news/2007/10/12/Opinion/Changes.In.University.NonDiscrimination.Policy.Could.Spark.Ambiguity.In.Future.I-3028115.shtml>

Complete testimony of Vice President Maria Neira on educational
*...*<http://www.nysut.org/cps/rde/xchg/nysut/hs.xsl/legislation_8641.htm>
NYSUT.org - Latham,NY,USA
*...* for holding the second public hearing on the educational needs of
English *language* learners (ELLs) and the state and federal
*policies*affecting them.
*...*
See all stories on this
topic<http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&ncl=http://www.nysut.org/cps/rde/xchg/nysut/hs.xsl/legislation_8641.htm>

Mind your languages<http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/opinion/article3053487.ece>
Belfast Telegraph - United Kingdom
Instead we have our hard-earned taxes being poured, first, into the coffers
of the custodians of an ancient *language* with a proud history - but one
which, *...*
See all stories on this
topic<http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&ncl=http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/opinion/article3053487.ece>

Google Blogs Alert for: *language policy*

FW: [nclgisa] Help with "link
*policy*"<http://www.mailbucket.org/nclgisa-3424102.html>
From: Burden Rodger [mailto:rburden at ci.burlington.nc.us] Sent: 10/12/2007
9:08 AM To: The nclgisa mailing list Subject: [nclgisa] Help with "link *
policy*" Can anyone share the *language* you use in a *policy* specifically
regarding what *...*
MailBucket: nclgisa - http://www.mailbucket.org <http://www.mailbucket.org/>

Habermas, America and
Iraq<http://habermasians.blogspot.com/2007/10/habermas-america-and-iraq.html>
By Ali Rizvi(Ali Rizvi)
2) As beings bound by the use of *language* we are all equally heirs to the
potential inherent in the *language* use. This potential is described by
Habermas in terms of his theory of communicative action. 3)Thus,
*language*use according to
*...*
Habermasian Reflections - http://habermasians.blogspot.com/
<http://habermasians.blogspot.com/>

New *Policy* Solutions for Closing Educational
Gaps<http://www.ncela.gwu.edu/newsline/archives/2007/10/_early_educatio.html>
By Greg Pearson
[Summary source: Migration *Policy* Institute] This article draws on the
results of a survey of school *language policies* in 14 immigrant-receiving
countries. The survey results provide insight on approaches that may help
immigrant *...*
OELA Newsline - http://www.ncela.gwu.edu/newsline/
<http://www.ncela.gwu.edu/newsline/>

The History of Filipino Women's
Writings<http://filipinaimages.com/the-history-of-filipino-womens-writings/>
By mildredt
However, using it was not generally allowed in schools before the 1970s when
the so called two *language policy* was established in education (8). The
entire 20th century was actually a period of competition between English and
Tagalog. *...*
filipinaimages.com - http://filipinaimages.com <http://filipinaimages.com/>

Words, symbols,
attitudes<http://normblog.typepad.com/normblog/2007/10/words-symbols-a.html>
By Norm
These included the comment that the American Jewish lobby 'more or less
monopolise[s] American foreign *policy* as far as many people can see'. The
blogger Larry at The Sharpener includes my response to what Dawkins is
reported to have *...*
normblog - http://normblog.typepad.com/normblog/
<http://normblog.typepad.com/normblog/>

 This once a day Google Alert is brought to you by Google.

Remove<http://www.google.com/alerts/remove?s=EAAAAGU2ieRKKLe_Sfw81fdTDc0&hl=en>this
alert.
Create <http://www.google.com/alerts?hl=en> another alert.
Manage <http://www.google.com/alerts/manage?hl=en> your alerts.

sponsor of
the list as to the veracity of a message's contents. Members who disagree
with a