Multilingualism in the world

Francis Hult francis.hult at utsa.edu
Tue Apr 15 04:52:37 UTC 2008

One source you might find useful is the 2001 Eurobarometer report (Europeans and Languages):
http://ec.europa.eu/public_opinion/archives/ebs/ebs_147_en.pdf

Ethnologue is a good source for statistics about (and visuals of) territorial multilingualism.  The MLA Language Map (based on the 2000 census) is a nice visual for the US:
http://www.mla.org/census_main

FMH

--
Francis M. Hult, Ph.D.