New York State: Utica scores $1.5M grant for Chinese language program

Harold Schiffman hfsclpp at gmail.com
Mon Aug 4 19:58:14 UTC 2008

Forwarded From: edling at lists.sis.utsa.edu

Macomb Daily

Utica scores $1.5M grant for Chinese language program

East will meet west in Utica Community Schools classrooms after the
district was awarded a $1.5 million federal grant to establish a
Mandarin Chinese language program. Utica is one of just eight
districts in the country to receive a Foreign Language Assistance
Program grant.
"We are thrilled with the aspect of providing instruction in Mandarin
Chinese to our students," said Utica Superintendent Christine Johns in
a news release announcing the grant.

Full story:

http://www.macombdaily.com/stories/080308/loc_local04.shtml