MY TAKE ON CURRENT MALAYSIAN POLITICS

Harold Schiffman hfsclpp at gmail.com
Fri Aug 8 13:54:35 UTC 2008

MY TAKE ON CURRENT MALAYSIAN POLITICS

I feel it is best to put it into the way I normally sum up my
engineering stuff, so...here goes:

BN

Pros:

1. Been in power for 50 years. Know how to run a multi racial country.
2. Brought considerable development as compared to many other Asian countries.
3. Excellent medical policy for the public than very few other nations
can compare with. (Malaysian pay RM 1 for medical treatment, foreign
workers pay RM 5. No insurance policy requiments, etc as in most other
countries)
4. Maintaining English as mainstream media since independance (Not
translated to Thai or Bahasa Indonesia) has made Malaysians marketable
worldwide and made the world open to Malaysians.
5. Made BM the national language that everyone (Indian, Chinese and
Malay Malaysian) speaks well. (Not the "divide the population by
language" policy adopted in Singapore) Gave the non-Malays an
additional capability of speaking at lease 3 languages well.

Cons:

1. Deciding to use racial based politics. (UMNO, MCA & MIC)
2. Deciding to continue with race based politics for 50 years.
3. Rampant abuse of power. (You can put all contract
awards/Tenders/NEP/PETRONAS/ETC all under this.)
4. Rampant corruption. (This covers our Police Force and Judiciary)
5. Control over the media with limited free speech.
6. ISA used as a tool to silence opposition or unfavourable responses.

CONS WIN 6 - 5

PAKATAN

Pros:

1. Change from race based politics.
2. Promises to eradicate poverty regardless of race.
3. Promises to eradicate corruption and abuse of power.
4. Promise to re-instill trust and commitment of our Judiciary and Police Force.
3. Has shown promise in Penang, Perak and Selangor so far.
4. Dynamic leaders. (Anuar, Karpal, etc)
5. More educated leaders.
6. Well planned agendas.
7. Seem to have large support base and growing.

Cons:

1. No proven long term track record. (Mostly promises)
2. Dynamics leaders may have hidden agendas.
3. Weaker coalition with party members. (Keadilan, PAS and DAP have
very different ideolody.)

PROS WIN 7 - 3

I GUESS, JUST AS WITH AN ENGINEERING SOLUTION, THE QUANTITY, QUALITY &
FREQUENCY OF THE ABOVE POINTS WOULD HAVE TO BE CONSIDERED PRIOR TO
DECIDING BUT I HOPE THE SUMMING UP HELPED THOSE WHO WERE A LITTLE
CONFUSED WITH THE LOADS OF COMMENTS, VIEWS AND WRITE-UPS THAT WE HAVE
BEEN BOMBARDED WITH!!

http://nanda666.blogspot.com/2008/08/my-take-on-current-malaysian-politics-i.html