Problems managing membership data on the Consortium for Language Policy and Planning

Harold Schiffman haroldfs at gmail.com
Sat Feb 9 15:14:28 UTC 2008

Don,

Thanks; you're right that the information, especially for people who joined
years ago, is not current. I sometimes update things if I get information
about a change of some sort, but I often discover changes only by
accident--someone moves to another institution, resubscribes, and I don't
know about it unless I read through the whole dbase of 400+ members.  But I
don't mind the work that's involved; I wish we had funding to hire a
programmer, but my efforts to get $$ have not borne fruit, and now that I'm
retired (and after my recent heart attack) I've had to curtail some
activities.  If things get more difficult, I will have to ask someone else
to take over, but for now I'm okay.

We're going to save the dbase and put it up somewhere else, where it will be
safer, but for now I'm not sure where that will be.  I could venture into
Yahoo groups or Google groups, but I think we'd lose people who don't know
how to manage that kind of stuff.

Hal

Email:  haroldfs at gmail.com