2008 ASU Critical Languages Institute

Harold Schiffman hfsclpp at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 15:24:55 UTC 2008

2008 ASU Critical Languages Institute

In 2008, the Arizona State University Critical Languages Institute (CLI)
will offer eight-week, eight-credit intensive language courses in:

• Albanian (elementary, intermediate, and advanced)
• Armenian (elementary and intermediate)
• Bosnian/Croatian/Serbian (elementary and intermediate)
• Macedonian (elementary and intermediate)
• Polish (elementary)
• Russian (elementary and intermediate)
• Tajik (elementary)
• Tatar (elementary and intermediate)
• Ukrainian (elementary)
• Uzbek (elementary and intermediate)

This year the CLI will be held June 2 - July 25, 2008 on the Tempe campus
of Arizona State University. Classes meet Monday through Friday from 8:30
am to 12:30 pm and cultural sessions are held in the afternoons.

All classes are tuition –free. The only cost for the course is a $400
non-refundable registration processing fee. We also offer a limited number
of competitive fellowships (details are on our website:
http://melikian.asu.edu/index2.php?type=cli&record=9).

After the course in Tempe, students of Albanian, Armenian, BCS, Macedonian,
Polish, and Tatar can continue their language and culture studies on
special three-week study abroad programs in Tirana, Yerevan, Sarajevo,
Ohrid, Poznan, and Kazan. These programs will run from July 28-August 15,
2008. Students earn an additional two credits for these classes,
tuition-free. The programs range in price from $950 to $1,600 (excluding
airfare and personal expenses).

The study abroad programs are open to eligible students who did not
participate in the courses at ASU.

For more information and to apply to the CLI, please visit our website
http://asu.edu/cli or contact us at cliasu.edu.

http://linguistlist.org/issues/19/19-548.html