Spain: British immigrants just won't mix

Languagegeek lg at languagegeek.com
Fri Jan 4 19:30:11 UTC 2008

Ysgrifennodd Stan & Sandy Anonby 04/01/08 3:48 pm:
> It seems to me that Canada, which had two colonising cultures, has
> had a similar experience. The French mixed much more with the native
> population than the English did. We have Metis.

Metis does not only refer to those of mixed Native (Cree and Ojibway)
and French heritage. There are also Metis communities which have
combined Native and Scottish or English ancestry.

http://turtle-island.com/metis.html

Chris Harvey
Cenedl heb iaith, cenedl heb galon
ᑭᑕᐢᑭᓇᐤ ᑳᓀᓱᐏᑌᐦᐃᓇᑿᐣ, ᑮᐢᐱᐣ ᐃᔨᐣᑐ ᐱᑭᐢᑵᐏᐣ ᐘᓂᑎᔭᐦᑭ
(A nation without its language is a nation without its heart - Welsh
Proverb)

www.languagegeek.com
www.ilinative.org