Spain: British immigrants just won't mix

Languagegeek lg at languagegeek.com
Thu Jan 10 15:23:51 UTC 2008

Ysgrifennodd Stan & Sandy Anonby 10/01/08 11:21 am:

> I thought most of the folk working for the HBC were French. Is that right?

No. The HBC was an English company whose employees were mostly
Scottish. The HBC was in competition against the French NWC during the
fur trade.

> That's interesting about there being several mixed languages. I
> thought there was only one, Mechif, which I took as more evidence
> that the French "mixed" more. Is there any proof of Bangi? Where was
> it spoken? Do any of these other mixed languages have names?

http://www.mhs.mb.ca/docs/transactions/3/bungidialect.shtml

Chris
Cenedl heb iaith, cenedl heb galon
ᑭᑕᐢᑭᓇᐤ ᑳᓀᓱᐏᑌᐦᐃᓇᑿᐣ, ᑮᐢᐱᐣ ᐃᔨᐣᑐ ᐱᑭᐢᑵᐏᐣ ᐘᓂᑎᔭᐦᑭ
(A nation without its language is a nation without its heart - Welsh
Proverb)

www.languagegeek.com
www.ilinative.org