The Bahamas: Chinese partner with COB for Mandarin language programme

Harold Schiffman hfsclpp at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 16:28:04 UTC 2008

 Forwarded From edling at lists.sis.utsa.edu

Freeport News

Chinese partner with COB for Mandarin language programme

The Chinese Ministry of Education's presentation of language books and
teaching aids to the College of The Bahamas (COB) will assist with the
Mandarin Chinese classes at the institution's International Languages
and Cultures Institute (ILCI), COB President Janyne Hodder said at a
press conference on January 24. "It is clear that there is an appetite
in this country for the kind of outreach that this programme
represents," Hodder said. "This is a programme that is accessible to
everyone in the country. If you want to want to learn Mandarin or, for
that matter, any of the other languages we are teaching, we are here
to serve you and to serve your goals."

Full story:

http://freeport.nassauguardian.net/national_local/345101185976525.php