Switching Languages May = Switching Personalities

Chris Allen Thomas chthomas at dolphin.upenn.edu
Tue Jul 1 21:13:48 UTC 2008

These are very interesting findings, but would you call this "personality"?
Cultural identification and self-image are up for grabs frequently, based on
experience (which affects the frames we access). What it says to me is that
frames can be language specific, and the same message in one language has a
completely different meaning in another.
Chris Allen Thomas
Educational Linguistics (Ph.D. Student)
Graduate School of Education
University of Pennsylvania