Canada: 'New model' for French education by September

Harold Schiffman hfsclpp at gmail.com
Mon Jul 28 18:32:43 UTC 2008

Forwarded From: edling at lists.sis.utsa.edu

The Daily Gleaner

'New model' for French education by September

The consultation period on French second-language education is over
and Education Minister Kelly Lamrock said he's confident a new model
for teaching French can be implemented by September. Local lobby
groups that have been following the debate on French education reforms
say the past six weeks of consultation has them optimistic that
Lamrock is listening to ideas and concerns. But it hasn't stopped them
from worrying about the announcement on second-language programming
expected in August. "I'm a worrier, so I'll just be worried until the
announcement for new programming is made on Aug. 5," said Rob Hoadley,
spokesman for Citizens for Education Choice.
"I think we've given the minister lots to think about. Now that we're
moving away from the consultation period, I hope he keeps in mind all
the proposals that have been submitted and tries to make a fair
decision."

Full story:

http://dailygleaner.canadaeast.com/cityregion/article/366164