In landmark decision, Supreme Court rules that guns don't kill people

Ronald Kephart rkephart at unf.edu
Sat Jun 28 15:25:50 UTC 2008

On 6/28/08 1:58 AM, "Dennis Baron" <debaron at illinois.edu> wrote:

> Always ready to insult those who disagree with his interpretations, J. Scalia
> called the linguistic analyses supporting the D.C. law ³unknown this side of
> the looking glass (except, apparently, in some courses on Linguistics)² and
> ³worthy of the mad hatter²

Dennis, Did he really say this? Do we really get this little respect? Damn!
No wonder my students don¹t believe me when I tell them AAVE is a perfectly
normal form of language. It¹s so weird that when I first read your post I
thought it was satire... Then I actually looked at the brief.

As I often say: We¹re all doomed.

Ron