Switching Languages May = Switching Personalities

Don Osborn dzo at bisharat.net
Sun Jun 29 23:41:36 UTC 2008

I thought that this was a pretty common understanding. Some years ago when I
was a Peace Corps volunteer-leader in Guinea (we were a total of 6
volunteers at the time as the program was just starting up), one of the new
volunteers remarked once that I seemed to have different personas speaking
English, French and Pular. Kind of surprised me to hear that, but then it
seemed to make sense.

Are there not other studies on this topic?

Don