Switching Languages May = Switching Personalities

Ronald Kephart rkephart at unf.edu
Mon Jun 30 15:38:37 UTC 2008

On 6/30/08 11:08 AM, "Siegel, Jason F." <siegeljf at indiana.edu> wrote:

> One
> reason this may have suddenly attracted attention is that the three
> authors are all professors of marketing, which means that business
> sections finally got wind of the situation.

Right. Somebody will get tenure/promotion for figuring out how to manipulate
us into buying more stuff.

By the way: The links weren't working for me and I have class coming up,
but... Wasn't there a study done ages ago of interviews with bilinguals that
showed that people talked about things differently depending on which
language was used in the interview? Was it with Japanese-American WWII
internees? Or was it Spanish-English bilinguals? I seem to recall that it
was California somewhere. It's hard getting old...

Ron