Harold Schiffman haroldfs at gmail.com
Fri Mar 7 21:18:41 UTC 2008

All:

I have now had about a dozen responses to my request for your reactions to
the membership
database being deactivated.  Most responses were neutral, or more favorable,
but nobody expressed
regret about it's not being available. I wish I could put it on a secure
server, and I have received some
recommendations about that from our IT people, but it was all very
tentative. I could also open a Yahoo
Group, or a Google Group, but that would require people to activate an email
address in those two
systems.  Since we have over 400 members it can get rather complicated--I
would have to approve every
one of the requests!

I will let you know if there is a way that I can do this; otherwise, the
membership list will be closed
down.

Your moderator,

Hal Schiffman