Call For Submissions

Harold Schiffman hfsclpp at gmail.com
Tue May 6 20:54:42 UTC 2008

Forwarded from  linganth at ats.rochester.edu

Apologies for cross-posting

----

Full Title: Language Meaning and Society

 Linguistic Field(s): Anthropological Linguistics

 Call Deadline: 15-Jun-2008

Language Meaning and Society is an international journal of linguistic

anthropology. It is an annual peer-reviewed publication edited by graduate

students in the linguistic anthropology program at the University of Texas

at Austin. The goal of the journal is to focus on research that has broad

theoretical and/or methodological implications for our understanding of the

relationship between language, meaning, and society. There are many new

topics of intellectual interest in the area of culture and communication,

given emerging communication technologies and increased possibilities for

interaction across nations and communities. We welcome articles that

examine dimensions of language that are of social significance using

original data. We also welcome commentaries, discussions, and book reviews.

Submissions should not exceed 8,000 words and should be submitted in

accordance with posted style requirements.

We welcome original papers about linguistic anthropology as well as

equipment and book reviews closely related to the significant topics.

Desired frameworks include but are not limited to:

Linguistic Anthropology

Sociolinguistics

Ethnography of Communication

Language and Identity