Euroland news

Harold Schiffman hfsclpp at gmail.com
Fri Nov 21 16:53:44 UTC 2008

 Dear Sir/ Madam,
We include a brief summary of the latest articles published on Eurolang.
Chère lectrice/ cher lecteur,
par la présente nous vous envoyons de brefs résumés d'articles publiés sur
Eurolang.

EU welcomes the dragon's tongue, Cymraeg
The Welsh Heritage Minister, Alun Ffred Jones, became the first person to
speak Cymraeg (Welsh) formally at an institutional meeting of the European
Union as he led the UK delegation to the EU Council of Culture Ministers in
Brussels.
Welsh speaker wins landmark discrimination case against multinational
company

A factory worker who said that she was unable to speak Welsh at work has won
a claim of unfair dismissal against Siemens Healthcare Limited.  Gwyneth
Green from Caernarfon, north Wales, claimed unfair dismissal at a recent
employment tribunal and was granted  "substantial" compensation. She was
also offered her job back, which she declined.
Basque movie 'Kutsidazu bidea, Ixabel' wins film award
The Basque language feature film Kutsidazu bidea, Ixabel, (Show me the way,
Ixabel) has won the second European Minority Film Award in the North Frisian
capital of Husum.

Please do not hesitate to contact us for further information.  We thank you
for your interest in Eurolang, the news service for  lesser used languages.
N'hésitez pas à nous contacter pour d'autres informations. Eurolang,
l'agence de presse pour des langues moins répandues, vous remercie pour
votre intérêt.
Pob hwyl,
Davyth Hicks
Dr. Davyth A. Hicks
Editor-in-Chief
EUROLANG NEWS
Brussels
davyth.hicks at eurolang.net
sponsor of
the list as to the veracity of a message's contents. Members who disagree
with a