(US) National Museum of Language

Damien Hall djh514 at york.ac.uk
Tue Oct 7 12:07:45 UTC 2008

Dear all

Apologies for cross-postings.

I've just received this, through my membership of the National Museum of
Language's Facebook group. It seems to me that the NML, recently
established in Washington, DC, is a valuable institution that is really
worth supporting, and I'd encourage anyone in the DC area to pay them a
visit, and everyone else to look at their website. As well as that more
general call for support, too, the speaker series advertised here does look
interesting!

I have never actually been to the NML, but more details about what they do
are available at their website, as I say.

Best wishes

Damien Hall

======= Forwarded message follows ===========

The National Museum of Language is pleased to announce:

The 2008-2009 Marian M. Jenkins Memorial Speaker Series at the National
Museum of Language

Each presentation features a topic related to our current exhibit as
discussed by an expert in the field. For details see
http://www.languagemuseum.org/calendar.htm

Our first presentation will be
"World Englishes" by Rebecca Oxford, Sunday October 12 from 2 -4 pm.

--
Damien Hall

University of York
Department of Language and Linguistic Science
Heslington
York YO10 5DD
UK

Tel. (landline) 01904 432665