Malaysia: Online resources for learning English to be opened to all students in public colleges

Harold Schiffman haroldfs at gmail.com
Thu Sep 18 00:33:27 UTC 2008

 Forwarded From: edling at lists.sis.utsa.edu

New Straits Times

Online resources for learning English to be opened to all students in
public colleges

The Online Resources for Learning in English (MyLinE), initiated by
Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM) two years ago, will be open for
use to all students in public institutions of higher learning (IPTAs),
beginning today.

Higher Education Minister Datuk Seri Mohamed Khaled Nordin said the
programme highlighted the benefits of collaboration among
universities, besides representing the right response to the use of
technology for teaching and learning.

"We would like to see the best practices in IPTAs. We will expand
programmes or technologies from any university to be shared by other
universities to prevent them from developing a new programme which has
been initiated by others," he said after launching the MyLinE portal
at UTM city campus here today.

MyLinE, which was first introduced to semester 1 UTM students in
2006/2007, is a self-access learning resource to enhance English
language communication skills among students at tertiary level.

Full story:

http://www.nst.com.my/Current_News/NST/Tuesday/NewsBreak/20080916180312/Article/index_html

-

Phone: (215) 898-7475