[lg policy] The National Museum of Language tries to avoid becoming history

kto2 at COLUMBIA.EDU kto2 at COLUMBIA.EDU
Sat Dec 12 15:25:17 UTC 2009

I haven't been able to go to the museum as yet, but appeal to every
linguist to do our best to keep the museum open, and in fact, to
expand its hours. I would also like to see its resources become
digitized for access on-line. For example, I've often thought...
"There ought to be a museum where I could listen to all of the Italian
dialects before they become extinct."  We need to see this project
through the initial phases until we will be certain not to lose it.

Kathleen O'Connor-Bater
Asst.  Prof. of Modern Languages
SUNY College at Old Westbury