Benefit for Hawaiian Language Immersion Schools on O`ahu

Harold Schiffman hfsclpp at gmail.com
Thu Feb 12 18:25:53 UTC 2009

Ho`omau Benefit Concert this Sunday: Keali`i Reichel Headlines Benefit
for Hawaiian Language Immersion Schools on O`ahu

February 11th, 2009 by Trisha Kehaulani Watson

I ka `olelo no ke ola, i ka `olelo no ka make. In the language there
is life, in the language there is death. It is one of our more common
`olelo no`eau. It can be translated in different ways, but it
certainly emphasizes the importance of strengthening the use of the
Hawaiian language in our community. Doing this begins with providing
adequate support to our Hawaiian Language immersion schools.

The Ho`omau Benefit concert will be held this Sunday, February 13 at
the Waikiki Shell. Gates open at 3pm.

Tickets can be purchases at the link below:
http://www.ticketmaster.com/Hoomau-tickets/artist/901406

http://hehawaiiau.honadvblogs.com/2009/02/11/hoomau-benefit-concert-this-sunday-kealii-reichel-headlines-benefit-for-hawaiian-language-immersion-schools-on-oahu/