[lg policy] Update on the new management system for the lgpolicy-list (fwd)

listman at listserv.linguistlist.org listman at listserv.linguistlist.org
Tue Jun 2 21:21:11 UTC 2009

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 28 May 2009 16:19:37 -0400
From: Harold Schiffman <hfsclpp at gmail.com>
To: lp <lgpolicy-list at groups.sas.upenn.edu>
Subject: [lg policy] Update on the new management system for the lgpolicy-list

Dear members,

Here is an update on the new management system for listservs here in the School
of Arts and Sciences at Penn.

We now have a page you can go to to manage your subscription:

When you get there, you have to enter your name and email address, and
will either
be asked for a password or be given one.  Then you can do things like
specify whether
you would like to receive the "digest" format of the daily list, or
whether you'd like to
receive individual messages.

You can also remove yourself from the list if you like, or new people
can add themselves.

Please give this a look-see soon, so various unanswered questions can
be answered
easily and quickly.

I will also put some of this information on our regular website at
http://ccat.sas.upenn.edu/plc/clpp

Some time in mid-June, the ccat server will be disabled, and this and
other lists moved to another
page; but the address will remain the same for a while so messages can
either be sent to the ccat
address, or to the new groups.sas server.

I think that this new system will work better than the old one so I'm
happy now that I understand
it better myself.

HS