Democrats' Immigration Policy: No Juan Left Behind

Ronald Kephart rkephart at unf.edu
Thu Mar 12 12:05:37 UTC 2009

On 3/11/09 1:13 PM, "Robert Lawless" <robert.lawless at wichita.edu> wrote:

> I assumed that this was published in The Onion until I reached the end.
>
> Harold Schiffman wrote:
>> Democrats' Immigration Policy: No Juan Left Behind
>> 2009-03-10 15:14:00
>> By RON HART
>>
>> [...] If an illegal wants to stay, he should have to serve in our
>> military for his green card. Illegals have a long history of fighting
>> in America.  10,000 Mexicans fought at the Alamo; there would have
>> been more but they only had three cars.

So much to critique, so little time. The concept of "America," for example.
However, I only have time for one thing: Wasn't "Texas" actually part of
Mexico at the time of the Battle of the Alamo? So, technically, the Mexicans
weren't illegals. And furthermore, were not the "Americans" engaged in the
effort to take over that part of Mexico for themselves? Isn't that some sort
of illegal?

And... Who the hell is this "Ron Hart," and what gives him the right to use
2/3 of my name in such a display of stupid?

Ron KEPhart